Helps reduce maintenance without sacrificing shine
Smartgard is an ultra durable floor finish for concrete floors, marble, terrazzo, sheet vinyl/linoleum, granite, and ceramic and quarry tile. Designed to be stain and dirt resistant, Smartgard floors are easily cleaned by dusting and wet mopping. It delivers a continuous protection and high-gloss surface and can reduce hard floor maintenance costs as compared to other traditional floor finishes. Less maintenance means you reduce chemicals, electricity, water and floor down time. Those savings help your organization not only lower operations spending but also make environmentally preferable cleaning choices. It is so easy to install, your staff can either apply it themselves or you can contract with your local trained applicators.
general use directions
- Prior to application, the floor should be stripped of previous finishes or deep scrubbed and thoroughly cleaned to remove dirt and debris. Rinse with water until no residue remains and allow the floor to dry thoroughly.
- Apply 2–3 light, even coats of Smärtgard floor finish. Do not apply by pouring directly onto the surface; use a plastic roller pan. Apply with a synthetic fiber wax applicator or lambswool applicator.
- Allow at least 60–90 minutes between each coat, depending upon environmental conditions. Apply no more than 4 coats within 24 hours.
- Heavy coats or inadequate drying time between coats may result in increased stickiness and dirt retention.
- After 24 hours, 3–4 additional coats may be applied as desired. Always allow Smartgard to cure 36–48 hours after application before burnishing.
- Minimum application temperature is 50°F.
- Coverage is approximately 500-1000ft2/gallon.
- Full hardness of the finish is achieved in 3–4 days.
- If spray buffing/burnishing immediately, dilute Smärtgard with water @1:2.
- Provides ultra durable ‘wet look’ gloss
- Easy to apply
- Easy to maintain—cleans up with dusting or damp mopping
- Designed for improved stain and scuff resistance
- High solids provides superior sheen and resistance to abrasion and scuffing
- Works on multiple substrates: polished concrete, marble, granite, terrazzo, sheet vinyl, VCT tile, ceramic and quarry tile
- Low odor during application and cure
- Zero VOC—Non-flammable, non-combustible, non-corrosive
|Solids content||28%||Drying time||1-2 hours|
|Application Temperature||~50°F||Re-Coat Time||2-3 hours|
|Wet Appearance||Milky White||Foot traffic||12-24hours|
|Dry Appearance||Clear||Wheel Traffic||48 hours|