Part 1 – Information & Preparation
Perdüre MVT+ is designed as concrete slab surface treatment when moisture vapor transmission between 3lbs to 18lbs of moisture as tested with the calcium chloride test procedure (ASTM F -1869), or for use when concrete slabs test higher than 80% as tested with the relative humidity probe test (ASTM F-2170)
Surface preparation is the most critical portion of any successful resinous flooring system application. All substrates must be properly prepared to minimum surface profile of ICRI CSP-3 to a maximum CSP-6 as outlined in Düraamen’s Technical-Bulletin-1.pdf. Specific attention should be paid to the following:
- Concrete Placement
- Curing and Finishing Techniques of the concrete substrate
- Age of concrete
- Previous contamination of the substrate
- Present condition of the substrate
Also, the temperature and humidity conditions of the area to receive the flooring system should be checked. As optimum room temperature of 75°F with a minimum slab temperature of 60°F is required for proper cure of the resin flooring system.
|GUIDELINE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 1000FT2 – 1/8" THICK|
|Perdure MVT+||Primer/Scratch coat (add 10% water)||6 gal||160ft2/gal|
|Perdure MVT+||Body coat||43 gal||18ft2/gal|
|Broadcast Sand||(30# mesh)*||500 lbs||0.5lbs/ft2|
NOTE: The total system thickness shall be at least is 1/8”.
* It is optional to add filler sand to the Perdüre MVT+ bodycoat during mixing. 1/2 to 1 gallon of sand (6-13lbs) per 1.25 gal Perdüre MVT+. Adding the sand to the body coat will allow for the subsequent broadcasted aggregate to sink less yielding more consistent finish. Adding at least 1/2– 3/4 gallon sand per 1.25 gal of Perdüre MVT+ eliminates the requirement to broadcast sand, yielding a nearly smooth finish when needed. 1000ft2 will require 200–400 lbs. of filler sand. Apply a test patch or sample board to confirm desired mix design. Regardless of the method used to blend the sand, the total thickness shall not be less than 1/8".
1. mixing perdüre mvt+
- Do not alter mixing ratios in any way. Part I and Part II are supplied in the correct mixing ratios. Always mix a complete unit in the proportions supplied.
- Mix material for approximately 3-4 minutes to form a homogenous consistency using a slow speed drill and a “jiffy” blade. Do not trap excessive air. Scrape all sides and bottom of container to ensure thorough mixing.
- For primer/scratch coat material add 10% water to lower viscosity (16 oz. per 1.25 gal. of Perdüre MVT+)
- Primer/scratch coat: Apply with a squeegee and short nap roller at a coverage rate of 250ft2.gal. After squeegee application, back roll with the short nap roller to achieve a uniform coverage. Allow to cure hard enough for foot traffic, about 3-4 hours at 75°F.
- Bodycoat: Mix a outlined in step 1. If using optional pigment pack (subject to availability), add 1 to 2 quarts per 5 gal. of Perdüre MVT+ and mix thoroughly. Apply mixed material using a 1/4” V-notched trowel/rake or 1/4” V-notched rubber squeegee. Immediately backroll with a looped roller. A 1.25 gallon unit will cover 30ft2 @ 1/16” thickness.
- Broadcast surface with 30 mesh sand to excess (50lbs/100ft2) to achieve 1/8”. Broadcasting procedure should begin within 5-10 minutes after spreading resin to ensure adequate absorption of aggregate. Sweep and vacuum excess or loose sand after hardening, allow for 16-24 hours of cure time, depending on the temperature..
- It is optional to add filler sand (30 mesh) to the Perdüre MVT+ during mixing; 1/2 to 1 gallon of sand (6-13lbs) per 1.25 gallons Perdüre MVT+, depending on if it will be broadcasted or to what degree it will be broadcasted. The subsequent broadcasted aggregate will sink less, yielding a more consistent finish. To yield a nearly smooth finish, add 1/2 gallon of sand per 1.25 gallons Perdüre MVT+. A nearly smooth finish may be preferred for thin topcoats needing a smooth finish, or if Perdüre EJF, flexible epoxy crack isolation membrane will be used. Apply a test patch or sample board to confirm the desired mix design. Regardless the method used to blend the sand into Perdure MVT+, the minimum final thickness required to be achieved is 1/8".
3. after 24 hours of the application of body coat, the surface will be ready to receive any cementitious or resinous flooring system
Apply the desired flooring system directly over broadcast surface, or sand filled smooth surface. Prime the surface with appropriate primer before applying the floor covering system.