Consultations How to Order
Information & Support
Hermetix is a colloidal silica based densifier for polished concrete systems that transforms ordinary concrete surfaces into exceptionally durable, attractive, colorful floors. Concrete surfaces benefit from the Hermetix densifier, displaying an attractive floor finish with exceptional durability. It is recommended for concrete floors where beauty, durability and use of environmentally friendly materials are important. Concrete surfaces treated with Hermetix densifier achieve stunning visual and functional rejuvenation transforming them into colorful and expressive wear surfaces.
typical application areas
Densifiers that are used in concrete flooring typically are solutions of silicates that react with the calcium hydroxide is produced during the cement hydration process. Sometimes called liquid hardeners, they impregnate the surface of a cured concrete slab with silica, the basic element of quartz. They essentially complete the hydration process by turning this material into calcium silicate hydrate (CSH), strengthening the concrete mix.
The colloidal silica in Hermetix is suspended in an aqueous phase and stabilized electrostatically. It is a concentrated mono-dispersion with particle sizes ranging from approximately 5 to 100 nanometers in diameter. The very-very fine particle size distribution in Hermetix allows for rapid surface penetration, and the irregular variations in the surface area make rapid bonding with calcium hydroxide [Ca(OH)2] in the concrete possible. It can be applied to freshly-poured concrete slabs as soon as it sets, while the concrete is still wet. It will also perform brilliantly with concrete slabs that are decades old.
- Use 1 part of Hermetic densifier to 4 parts of potable water
- Apply with pump sprayer to saturation, a maximum rate of 500ft²/ga. Keep applying to maintain saturation, approximately 15 minutes.
- Let the concrete surface dry, approximately one hour, and commence with polishing/burnishing process.
- Excess material dries to a non-crystalline powder that can be swept with a broom.
- Hermetix has more reactive sites, so it goes to work quickly, within 1-2 minutes
- No brooming or working the material required
- It penetrates deeply and reacts more efficiently.
- No overnight curing required
- No caustic gel to scrub off; nothing to dispose off; the only residue may be a small amount of safe powder that can be vacuumed off during polishing phase
- No whitening potential
- Non-hazardous; zero VOC
- Low pH (~8.7) — safe to handle
- Does not trap free, migrating moisture in concrete slab
- Increases floor reflectivity, helping to reduce facility lighting and energy needs
- Fills the pore structure of the surface layer, making it denser and harder
- Increases stain and abrasion resistance
|Reflectance||Increase up to 35%||Odor||none|
|Weathering||No adverse effect to ultraviolet light & water spray||Film Forming||none|
- Big box stores
- Warehouses / Distribution centers
- Shopping malls / Retail stores
- Factory floors
- Public buildings, schools
- Government and Private office buildings
- Residences - Lofts, studios, contemporary living spaces