Poured cement flooring was used recently by contractor based in Englewood, NJ in a Cressi showroom in Saddle Brook, NJ. Cressi is an Italian company offering a full range of swimming products and apparel including swim masks, goggles, fins, caps, swim suits and accessories.
The area of the floor is approximately 1400sq.ft. The existing flooring was ceramic tile. It was in a very good condition. The store owners wanted seamless poured cement flooring without removing the existing ceramic tile. The removing of the tiles would add to the cost of the project and increase and cause project delays. They floor color chosen was Turquoise of Pellucid Dye series. It was then sealed with a water based epoxy primer, Perdure E32 and topcoat it with moisture cured polyurethane, Perdure U90. The total flooring project duration was 4 days from start to finish.
- Prepare the ceramic tiles surface to accept the self leveling concrete, Param 5500. Ensure that the surface is roughened up to a profile of CSP3 or 4.
- Prime the surface with Param Premium Primer. It is allowed to dry overnight.
- Next another coat of primer was applied with a short nap roller. It was allowed to dry for 2-3 hours before pouring self leveling concrete.
- Param 5500 was poured at 3/8” thickness so that the tile grout lines would not show through after it was sealed. We recommend a minimum thickness of 3/8” over tiles. Sometimes it is installed at 1/2″ thick depending upon the depth and width of the tile grouts.
- After allowing the poured cement floor Param 5500 to cure overnight, it was colored with ‘Turquoise’ Pellucid Dye. This Pellucid Dye is a UV resistant dye which is sold in a concentrated form. It is mixed with acetone on-site and sprayed with a acetone resistant sprayer. It is allowed to dry for 2-3 hours after which one coat of water based epoxy sealer, Perdure E32 was applied.
- Next day one coat of moisture cured polyurethane, Perdure U90 was applied with 3/8” nap roller. Perdure P90 is two part polyurethane topcoat with 90% solids content. It shows excellent abrasion, chemical and UV resistance. It is very popular among the installers due to its glass like appearance and ease of application.
Various contractors have been installing poured cement floors (Param 5500) since past several years in NY, NJ and CT. For further information please contact us toll free 1.866.835.6595.