is both strong and durable. With self-leveling concrete, no trowelling is required because it can level out on its own. It can tolerate foot traffic for up to three hours after installation. There is no promotion of mold or mildew growth, either. However, self-leveling concrete isn’t invincible. It requires a certain amount of care and maintenance.
Unfortunately, concrete is susceptible to water and soluble salts. This can be a damaging issue which makes the installation of concrete less than desirable. Sometimes as a result of the concrete’s absorption of salts, corrosion issues can develop. One of the best options out there to prevent corrosion or other unwanted effects of concrete is a sealer. Concrete sealers provide plenty of benefits.
Concrete sealers are an excellent option for the following reasons:
- They serve as a water repellent
- You will find an elimination of water and soluble contaminants
- Surfaces with concrete sealers are protected against dirt, oil, or stains which allows them to be maintained and cleaned easily
- There are color enhancement options available
- Cracking of the floor’s surface is prevented
- The value of your home can increase with concrete sealers
- You will increase the overall durability of your floor
Sealers are commonly used for areas which have a high exposure to moisture. There are a lot of unwanted consequences that moisture can have on concrete, such as blistering, peeling, and delamination.
There are three many options for concrete sealers: epoxy, acrylic, and polyurethane. Epoxy sealers have a thick film and can protect against a series of scratching or abrasions. With an acrylic sealer, it is recommended that the surface is resealed once every two years. Polyurethane sealers are an environmentally friendly option which can provide you with the results you want for your self-leveling concrete.
It is important to keep your floors free of any unwanted corrosions, abrasions, or possible moisture. With a sealer, you can significantly improve the quality of your current concrete.