InChin's Bamboo Garden, a restaurant specializing in Indo-Chinese cuisine has recently opened in Cleveland, OH (in North Olmsted,OH). PDM Concrete of Avon, OH installed the polished concrete flooring in the restaurant. Concrete resurfacing is a great option when the substrate is damaged when removing the carpet glue.
The restaurant floor had carpet glue all over the place. The glue was removed with a grinder and then the following steps were carried out -
Day 1 -
- Prepare the substrate, mask the walls and prime the substrate with acrylic polymer Cp1000
- Install Pentimento (white) at 1/8″ thick using Turbo Roller. (Pentimento is now renamed as Param SSL)
- Use Concrete Dyes to create an acid stained look
- Lock the dyes with a water based acrylic sealer, Perdure A03. This sealer has to be sprayed and NOT rolled.
- Using a 3/8" nap roller, apply one coat of Perdure E32 – water based epoxy primer/sealer
- Using a 3/8" nap roller, apply two coats of Perdure U46 – water based polyurethane
The total floor area was 2400sq.ft. and it was completed in 5 days. The crew consisted of 2 people in all the days except the day of Pentimento pour. On the day of the pour (Day 2), the contractors has a crew of 5 people.