Old concrete driveways with cracks, surface discoloration or surface imperfections need not be removed or replaced. There are many options available for transforming an old driveway, pool deck or patio into a new decorative concrete surface. Depending upon the condition of the existing driveway condition, property owners end up saving significant amount of money and time and also help environment by reducing wastage.
One of the ways of achieving a brand new concrete driveway by resurfacing the driveway with a polymer-modified concrete overlay like Uberdek. It can be integrally colored with Colorfast colors or exterior Stains. If the concrete surface is in good condition but just needs a facelift, you can just stain, stencil or engrave it to improve the appearance.
Recently, Mr, Justin Stolba of Complete Concrete Concrete Systems renewed a concrete driveway in Dover, DE.
Steps in Resurfacing Concrete Driveways -
- Surface Preparation - Thoroughly power wash the driveway.
- Repair the cracks in the driveway using a exterior grade repair mortar
- Apply acrylic polymer based concrete primer, CP1000
- Apply Uberdek as per the instructions int he technical data sheet
- Two coats may be necessary depending upon the design requirements
- Apply exterior acrylic or polyaspartic concrete sealant.. Two or three coats with non-skid may be necessary.
Duraamen Industrial and Polished Concrete Flooring Products are designed to provide labor saving and long lasting flooring solutions. Talk to an expert about your flooring challenges...Please Call + 1 973 230 1301 / eMail Us