What to do When Tough isn’t Tough Enough?
The advantages and uses of Polyaspartic Coatings.
Your concrete flooring or machinery may be tough, but without the proper seal, it will wear prematurely. Whether you’re a gritty garage or a hot high-traffic commercial space, indoors or outdoors, a Polyaspartic coatingcan give you incredibly strong, long-lasting protection.
What makes Polyaspartic Polyurea coatings revolutionary?
They deliver the performance traditionally expected from a polyurethane coating, but at a much higher level. And it’s a low-to-zero volatile organic compound (VOC), so the cure time is much faster.
It’s protective strength, flexibility, and physical and chemical resistance make it a popular solution for:
- Garage floors (offering great resistance to gas, oil and grease)
- Industrial applications (pipe and pipeline coatings, sewer and tank linings, water treatment plants, and manholes.
- The automotive refinish and molded parts industry (due to its fast cure time, even at ambient temperatures)
Great corrosion protection
Corrosion not only eats away at your equipment, but also your long-term budget. A Polyaspartic coating offers great protection against corrosion for construction and agricultural equipment, commercial vehicles, wind power stations and other machinery subject to weather conditions.
Ideal for decorative concrete in high traffic areas
If you’re a restaurant, mall, hotel or retail store, the first you thing you want is traffic. The last thing you want is a floor that can’t handle it. The incredible abrasion resistance and durability of a polyaspartic protective coating make it ideal for stained and decorative concrete and concrete overlays in high traffic commercial areas. Because of the clarity and shine of the coating, it can even help restore faded color.
Little or no down time
Because it has low or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), in other words, no harsh solvents, it cures faster and there’s less down time. Remarkably, your employees and customers can re-enter your space within a few hours.
Other benefits of a Polyaspartic Polyurea coating include:
- Ability to be applied in extreme temperatures
- UV stable so it won’t degrade if exposed to sunlight
- Scratch, stain, and industrial chemical resistance (resists salt, oil, gas, fat, and mild acids)
- Geat adhesion to concrete with a 500+ psi (measurement of adhesion strength)
- Remains clear and won’t discolor or blush even if exposed to moisture
- Good weatherability
- Will form an excellent bond to concrete
- Flexibility (different curing agents can be used to achieve different results)
Polyaspartic coatings outperform Epoxy & Urethane Coatings.
Epoxy and Polyurethane coatings used to be a popular choice for environments needing an abrasion-resistant concrete coating. But Polyaspartic coatings outperform them. In Taber Abrasion testing, Polyaspartics proved to be almost three times more abrasion-resistant and durable than epoxies.
They’re also more scratch resistant, more flexible, won’t yellow if exposed to sunlight, and have much higher build properties. They cure faster for a greater reduction in down time, have better adhesion, are less likely to bubble during their application, and won’t crack or peel. And because most polyaspartics are 100% solids, they have fewer or no VOCs at all. That means they’re greener, and good for the environment means good for business.