Consultations How to Order
Information & Support
Aquacolor is a concentrated, ready-to-use, highly-micronized inorganic pigment blended to integrally colour or stain decorative concrete overlays, micro-toppings, skim coats or regular concrete surfaces. It is formulated as a dual-use product...integral colour and an alternative to reactive concrete stains (acid stains).
Integral Colour: When using Aquacolor as an integral colour, shake well and always disperse in the polymer additive (Cp1000) prior to adding in cementitious powder (Sgraffino). Squirt desired amount into a small measuring cup to ensure consistent results. The typical dosage is 10ml (0.35oz) of Aquacolor for every pail of Sgraffino.
Water based Stain: When Aquacolor is used as a stain, dilute and mix it with water prior to spraying.
Suggested starting mix-ratio: 4gal water per 8oz bottle of Aquacolor; to increase the colour value, reduce the amount of water and vice versa. For better adhesion to the substrates, it is recommended to blend the Aquacolor solution with 10% acrylic polymer (Cp1000).
- UV Resistant, suitable for interior and exterior surfaces
- Versatile - Use it as an Integral colour or water based stain
- Perfect for shifting colors and adding accents even after the surface is sealed with acrylic sealers
- Adds colour and depth to the stamped concrete
- Depth of colour can be built-up by layering the colors
- Easy to use spray application
- No acids to harmful chemicals
- Cement substitutes will not affect the colour outcome unlike reactive stains (acid stains)
- Saves time when used as a stain...no rinsing, no mopping, no neutralizing and no residue
- Eco-Stain - environmentally friendly...Zero VOC